Ellis GeoSpatial (2002 - present)
- Airborne and satellite hyperspectral & multispectral remote sensing/GIS projects - processing imagery, deriving environmental baseline (vegetation, land use/land cover, soils, water, infrastructure) and geology maps, developing FGDC-compliant metadata, building GIS solutions.
Director, Remote Sensing & GIS (1997-2002)
- The MapFactory (partnering with HJW GeoSpatial)
- Hyperspectral R&D, environmental baselines for industrial facilities, management support for start-up of 3 companies, technical support for oil and mineral exploration, 3D cities for telecom.
Remote Sensing Supervisor/Staff Geologist (1982-1997)
- Chevron Overseas Petroleum Inc. & Gulf Oil E&P Co.
- Managed airborne radar surveys/interpretations in Congo, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, and Colombia. Transferred remote sensing from research company to international operations.
- Technical support for Kazakstan, Venezuela, Indonesia, Azerbaijan, China, Russia, Kuwait, Yemen, Oman, West Africa, Turkey, Pakistan, Mexico, Alaska & Nevada operations.
- Member of GIS needs-assessment team in Nigeria & Australia
Visiting Assistant Professor/NSF PostDoc (1981-1982) Rice University, Dept. of Geology
AAPG Distinguished Lecturer (1995-1996). Taught 6 remote sensing workshops (1996-2000)
Diablo Valley College Instructor - Remote Sensing, Maps & Cartography Lecture & Lab (2004 - present)